Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 5: A story about a time you were very afraid.

Technically this is not a day late since there are no blog assignments on weekends for the blogtember challenge!!
Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.
I can tell you I have a lot of quirks and a few of them are odd fears. It isn't so odd to be afraid of spiders, so I'm allowed that one as a freebie. If the spider is big enough, I'm paralyzed with fear completely.
I have always had a fear of the house catching fire because you always hear about people who are trapped saving their family members (that includes pets.) I could never live with myself if I survived because I didn't try to save them. Plus being burned alive is a rational fear.
Nothing to me matches the absolutely awful fear of almost getting into a car accident. Luckily, I've only had one while I was driving and two when I was a passenger. But everything flashes before your eyes when you think you're about to hit something. What if I hurt someone? What if I'm hurt? What if we involve other cars? And of course, my mom is going to kill me! That is a fear I've never been able to get over. That second in which you truly think that you are going to wreck and wonder what damage would ensue upon yourself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment