Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogtember day 3 Advice!


Day
3: Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 




I get and give a lot of advice. But I think my #1 hands down best advice I've ever heard was from Sweet Home Alabama (the movie) when Reese Witherspoon's father said: "You can't ride two horses with one ass." While he was referring to her predicament of inadvertently having two husbands, it is simply a more crass approach to "you can't have your cake and eat it too." I love this expression. Life truly isn't fair, and while I'm all for living it to the fullest...it is impossible to have it all. It's not fair to yourself to assume that you can have it all, so prioritize! 
I tried for a long time to have my cake and eat it too, and let me tell you it is EXHAUSTING. Pick a horse, decide whether or not to eat the cake or keep it...but don't torture yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment