Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blogtember Day 6

 
Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.
I suppose this pays homage to the saying "life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey."
My life has taken countless unexpected turns. The most powerful, because of the effect it had on me emotionally as well as my worldview following it, was losing my grandfather. I completely changed everything about my life. I broke up with the boyfriend he had hated. I quit the job he felt I was wasting my life with, joined a sorority and raised my GPA from a 2.7 to a 2.94 in two semesters. I realized that since he wasn't here to tell me what I was doing wrong, that I should follow the advice and criticisms he had been giving me for years that I hadn't taken. I managed to take it all within the span of about 6 months. I realized I had to turn one of the worst experiences in my life into the catalyst for the best change of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment